If you want to lose weight as fast as possible, you need to start your cardio exercises. Your aim should be to lose at least 1 pound of fat per week. One pound of fat equals 3,500 calories. You need to burn at least 500 calories per day with high intensity cardio exercises so that you can burn a total of 3,500 calories in a week.
What are the best cardio exercises that you can do for weight loss? The best cardio exercises are the ones that you can do daily. When you are choosing cardio exercises to do, you should choose those that you enjoy doing.
When it comes to cardio exercises, there are 2 schools of thought: The "slow & steady" group and the "high intensity" group. Slow and steady cardio usually lasts around 45 minutes to 1 hour and are low intensity.
With slow and steady cardio, you will be able to burn fat and preserve your joints. High intensity cardio usually lasts around 20 to 30 minutes and are usually conducted in interval trainings and High intensity cardio burns tons of calories and keep your metabolism rate high throughout the day. You can try both sets of cardio for at least 6 weeks and see which one you enjoy more.
Below you will find the 7 best cardio exercise routines for losing weight as soon as possible:
1. Running. This is the simplest cardio exercise and you should not have a problem doing it. Running burns tons of calories. A 145 pound person can easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes.
2. Swimming. Swimming is a full-body exercise and therefore you can burn serious calories with it. By doing the breast stroke, you can burn approximately 400 calories in 30 minutes.
3. Step Aerobics. This is one of the favorite cardio exercises among women. Step Aerobics mainly target your legs and hips, and you can burn approximately 400 calories in 30 minutes.
4. Rowing. This exercise is excellent in burning fat, as well as giving your arms a thorough workout. A 145 pound person can easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes.
5. Rock Climbing. This cardio exercise is a little bit hard to do, but if you are an avid rock climber this exercise is for you. It gives your arms and legs a thorough workout and can burn up to 380 calories in 30 minutes.
6. Skipping. Skipping is a high intensity cardio exercise. In just 15 to 20 minutes, it will give you a total body workout. Skipping can help greatly with your stamina and endurance. Also, it's a great exercise for eye-hand coordination and agility.
7. Sprinting. Sprinting is also a high intensity cardio exercise that will burn huge amount of calories and keep your metabolism rate high the whole day. It should be conducted in intervals, and the result is best when combined with running or jogging.
So, there you have the 7 best cardio exercises to lose weight.
Remember that your diet is important along with doing your cardio exercises. If you combine your cardio exercise routines with the right diet you can achieve faster weight loss. Have fun and lose those unwanted pounds. Start today, no later than this week.
Disclaimer: The videos, posts, and comments contained in our *Health & Weight Loss Categories* on this website are not medical advice or a treatment plan and are intended for general education and demonstration purposes only. They should not be used to self-diagnose or self-treat any health, medical, or physical condition. Don’t use this website to avoid going to your own healthcare professional or to replace the advice they give you. Consult with your healthcare professional before doing anything contained on this website.