Many young people suffer from low self esteem by having to deal with a nasty zit which can be annoying. A teenager’s main focus is their physical appearance. Preventing acne breakouts is not easy and even if you know everything there is to know about acne control the acne still comes up every now and then. Not having enough time to maintain an acne free regimen daily will contribute to the breakout.
So, how do you maintain your acne free skin? Here’s how:
1. Do not prick the acne affected area. Touching it with bare hands can cause further irritation. Unclean hands carry undesirable microorganism that can cause acne. So it is rather safe to keep your hands or any other object from your face to impede the inflammation of the acne and scarring of the skin as well.
2. Avoid using oil-based products on your hair. Guys and girls wear hair products to improve their appearance. Dermatologist might agree that the products are safe on the scalp, however these chemical-laden beauty products slide down to your face as you sweat out. The fluids goes down to the acne hence aggravate the already affected area of the skin.
3. Minimize the use of cosmetics over the pimple. It is alarming to know that although beauty products can conceal your pimple break out, it increases the risk of infection. The combination of the harsh compounds on your foundation make up and bacteria that come with the sponge (if the foundation you are using is not newly opened) exacerbate the acne. If your job requires you to wear make up, you should avoid those generic brand make up. Some generic brands of make up do not mention the harsh chemicals that are present in the product.
5. Avoid getting anything that might contain microorganism to touch your face if you want to be acne free. These include your unmanaged hair, dirty handkerchief, towels, and even pillow. The only way to control the transfer of organism to your face from the material of origin is to always keep your hair in a bun or use a hair band that will keep it in place away from your face, a fresh pillowcase for your cushion, and clean towel and handkerchief to wipe your face.
6. An over-the-counter ointment can be bought from your local drugstore for maintaining acne free skin. A topical cream or ointment containing benzoyl peroxide is your best bet to vanish that undesired acne. Some dermatologists recommend tretinoin-based products cream over the benzoyl peroxide because of irritant threat on the peroxide content. Depending on how sensitive the skin is, you can choose from the two.
7. If the acne is severe, a visit to your dermatologist is needed. The dermatologist will prescribe an oral antibiotic to take at a certain period of time. Or if applies, an adapalene gel will be prescribed by the dermatologist for you to use for a certain time duration. Close monitoring of the medication is needed since, like other prescription-required medicines, it might trigger unknown allergies.
Disclaimer: The videos, posts, and comments contained in our *Health & Weight Loss Categories* on this website are not medical advice or a treatment plan and are intended for general education and demonstration purposes only. They should not be used to self-diagnose or self-treat any health, medical, or physical condition. Don’t use this website to avoid going to your own healthcare professional or to replace the advice they give you. Consult with your healthcare professional before doing anything contained on this website.