There are several ways on how to cure back acne. Bacne is a short term for back acne and it is just like any ordinary forms of acne. It can appear as pimples, blackheads, pustules, or in severe cases it would look like an acne cyst. This usually appears during puberty when the sebaceous gland starts to function aggressively. Male, female, teenagers, or adult, back acne does not have a particular range of age nor gender and practically can affect anybody.
Below you will find 10 things to consider when treating bacne:
1. Wear cool clothes and put some powder at your back to prevent perspiration. This is a vital way on how to cure back acne. Change clothes if you have perspired too much on it to prevent further bacne build up.
2. After participating in a vigorous activity, you would probably give off too much sweat. Take a shower immediately or wipe your perspiration using towels with soft fabric such as cotton.
3. Pat dry you skin after taking a shower. Do not rub the towel. It might irritate your skin and cause inflammation on your bacne.
4. If your back acne is not yet severe, you may still use anti-bacterial cleansers that are designed for facial acne. Nowadays, there are also anti-acne soaps that can be used not just for the face but for the body as well. Avoid using regular soap. These soaps may not meet the demands that your sensitive skin needs.
5. Avoid carrying back packs until your back acne clears up. This would prevent your back from heating up which causes more perspiration and breeding ground for bacteria that causes bacne.
6. One of the best ways on how to cure back acne properly is to use gels or creams containing at least 10 percent benzoyl peroxide. They can be bought at drugstores even without any prescriptions from a dermatologist.
7. Studies show that benzoyl peroxide works better when used with products having alpha-hydroxy. This will heal and dry up bacne two times faster.
8. Some people also have natural techniques on how to cure back acne. One home remedy for treating back acne is to use homemade Sodium Hydrixide (Lye) soap while adding some tea tree oil in it. This does not dry and heal bacne faster but would definitely give you a softer skin.
9. Exfoliate once a week. If you don’t want to spend money on buying expensive body scrubs, you may use sugar instead to take off all those dead skin cells. Do it on the affected area such as back and buttocks.
10. You may seek professional help in case of very severe bacne. This is nothing to be ashamed about. Dermatologists are willing to help people suffering from this kind of skin condition. They would probably recommend antibiotics that should be taken orally, topical treatments, retinol or even oral contraceptives (for female only).
So there you go. These are only ten of the most effective ways on how to cure bacne.
Disclaimer: The videos, posts, and comments contained in our *Health & Weight Loss Categories* on this website are not medical advice or a treatment plan and are intended for general education and demonstration purposes only. They should not be used to self-diagnose or self-treat any health, medical, or physical condition. Don’t use this website to avoid going to your own healthcare professional or to replace the advice they give you. Consult with your healthcare professional before doing anything contained on this website.